Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Untitled




Oil on Canvas, 3'x6'
This painting, following the same theme of memories of my childhood, is my parents bedroom in the apartment I grew up in.  I believe it was also painted in 2004.  I have very particular memories of this room, and a lot of those were in late afternoon when the sun would hit both the windows leaving the room in a glow.  We had this particular shag carpeting that I have yet to recreate to my satisfaction.  I wanted this painting to be from my perspective as a kid, so I stretched out the room, and tried to have it at a viewpoint lower than an adults height.  This began my larger paintings. 

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites and I clearly remember you building the canvas and painting it. I really like that the size of the canvas is almost the size of the door. I also LOVE the shag carpet; it makes me feel like I'm indeed, in a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can stare at this painting for hours and never get bored of it. There is so much ethereal calmness in it, and so many layers!

    ~Jessica Wali

    ReplyDelete